Buying something as common as a steel pipe doesn’t look like much of a task in the beginning. However, once you set out to make a purchase, you’ll be exhausted trying to figure out which pipe you should buy because the variety is huge, literally very huge. If you’re a first-time buyer, the task can be even more overwhelming. So, in this guide, we covered the basic and advanced tips that will help you in buying the right steel pipe. Dive in to find all the details!
3 Things to Consider When Buying a Steel Pipe – How to Determine the Type That’ll be Best for You?
- Focus on Your Requirement
This is the first thing you need to understand. If this step is overlooked, there’s no way that you’ll be able to end up with the right pipe.
Steel pipes are of many kinds: some are for industrial purposes such as gas and oil passing, some are for fencing, and some are for road and/or building construction.
Hence, the bottom line is that steel pipes for commercial purposes are different from steel pipes for residential use.
- Pick the Right Sellers and Distributors
Buying steel pipes from sellers such as Stealth Pipe & Steel piling pipe is a necessity, not an option. The many reasons are as follows.
- Such sellers develop a pipe size chart that includes information about all kinds of steel pipe grades and varieties. Hence, it’s going to be easier for you to pick the right one.
- They offer steel pipes at the best prices. One of the reasons is that sellers such as Stealth Pipe and Steel supply used pipes too. The best part about buying second-hand pipes from them is the quality they offer is uncompromised. Hence, no matter if you’re buying a used steel pipe, if you’re buying it from the right sellers, you won’t have to worry about the quality.
In fact, if you’re someone who’s looking to sell your pipes instead of buying one, Stealth is one of the best companies to sell your products to.
- Understand the Difference Between ERW steel pipes and Seamless Steel Pipes
There are all sorts of things that you’ll hear about seamless steel pipes and Electric resistance welded steel pipes. So, you need to understand which piece of information is true. Some of the basics are as follows:
- ERW welded steel pipes do not have any weld joint visible.
- Both ERW steel pipes and welded steel pipes are strong.
- Welded steel pipes are cheaper than seamless steel pipes.
To sum up, buying a steel pipe can make the entire difference in the end. So, be very particular about the distributors you’re buying from.